No one plans to get sick or hurt, but most people need medical care at some point. Health insurance covers these costs and offers many other important benefits.
- Health insurance covers essential health benefits critical to maintaining your health and treating illness and accidents
- Health insurance protects you from unexpected, high medical costs.
- You pay less for covered in-network health care, even before you meet your deductible.
- You get free preventive care, like vaccines, screenings, and some check-ups, even before you meet your deductible.
- If you have a Marketplace plan or other qualifying coverage, you don’t have to pay the penalty that people without coverage must pay.